1. The Prayer: Celine Dionne & Andrea Bocelli
2. The Voice Within: Christine Aguilera
3. Bridge Over Troubled Water: Simon & Garfunkel
4. The Voice of Hope: Lara Martin
Power of the Cross: Kristyn Getty
6. I believe I Can Fly : R. Kelly
7. Have I Told You Lately:Van Morrison
8. I’m already There: Lone Star
Chosen Work of Literature Plus Bible
A set of Encyclopaedia Brittanica - To extend my poor general knowledge as I’ll finally have the time on my hands!
A blanket – to cosy in at night
and for shelter in the sun
My selection of songs and music have been a source of a comfort or strength and lifted my spirits through different chapters of my life:
# 7 was played during the signing of the register at my wedding to my wonderful
# 8 I first heard on the radio as the events of 9/11 were unfolding and had an impact on me
#3 is always a source of strength as I imagine my Lord ‘sailing right behind’ me and in #2, He is the ‘voice within’.
#1, #4 & #5 have such profound and moving lyrics that always comfort and strengthen me.
#6 A real feel good song that again points to our Lord.