What we believe is historic Reformed Christianity see What we believe and Fuller Statement We are not
a sect but ordinary Christians. Who are we
Why then do we meet in homes? The reason for this is partly historical. Some of us were in Largo Baptist church, but due
to the following circumstances outwith our control. We have found that it is more effective to meet in homes to study and pray together. Our Pastor John ministers and helps us to grow and bear witness to Christ where we are.
Events that brought us to where we are at present
- The building was not suitable for purpose. Poor fire escape & one toilet & poor parking.
- A previous incurred 'Pension debt' was laid at
our door. This caused giving to 'dry up' and the building becoming not financially viable with no income.
- We left the building to meet in a more suitable place
- We settled in the Simpson Institute which was more cost effective & had better
facilities & room for expansion. It was also a neutral well known venue.
- Many of the traditional Baptists decided to leave.
- Eventually new people came & wanted us to become more Ecumenical linking with the local Church of Scotland.
- In the light of this the leadership expressed, after a considerable time of prayer & reflection, that we could not go down that road but wanted to give those who desired to go down that path and expressed their unhappiness with the reformed/expository
emphasis of the leadership, the freedom to do as they wanted. We did not desire to stand in their way but could not move with them. They already had someone who was emerging as a leader with many ideas of changing the fellowship.
- We also wanted to
leave to leave in love & fellowship, but sadly the more vocal and expressive elements of those that remained were very critical and sadly very hurtful in their response despite us communiucating a loving letter explaining matters.
- We started to
meet in various homes, content to rest in Him for our future.
- Despite all of this in the Providence of God we now have a clearer vision for our World-wide ministry and our sermons are listened to all over the globe and our other site www.love-divine.co.uk is
reaching many and encouragine our daily witness amongs our friends and neighbours.
We may be and have been, critised by some and called a 'Holy Huddle' - however to be perfectl y truthful, we don't mind the occasional 'huddle' and are glad that
our critics see us as 'Holy'..we are humbled by that 'compliment' - thank you!
We realise also that is a steady trend today as so many denominations are compromising and many Christians are being forced to meet in homes or rented halls to maintain a
measure of purity.
Please visit our sister site